The Fourth of July is just days away and for many, hot dogs and burgers are the go to, but what about when you want to raise the bar a bit? For our second guest post by the creative team behind Saucey Sauce we give you a tasty salmon recipe – Ginger Glazed Salmon. Whether you choose pan seared salmon or grilled salmon, this dish is sure to elicit happiness from your friends and family. The ginger glaze boldly embraces the salmon and elevates the flavors of the fish, making the dish shine. Served on Surya dinnerware by 222 Fifth, the bright colors of Saucey Sauce’s latest recipe perfectly compliments this popular seller.
Ginger Glazed Salmon
- 4 salmon filets, 3-4 oz each
- 2 cups Sweet Ginger Saucey Sauce
- 8 tbsp Brown Sugar Ginger Glaze Saucey Sauce
- olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered (for garnish)
- 4 cups mixed leafy greens, rinsed, drained, and dried
- 1/2 medium sized seedless cucumber, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- grapeseed oil (optional – if preparing grill variation)
*Stovetop Salmon Variation
- In ziploc bag, add salmon filets and Sweet Ginger Saucey Sauce; seal and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- In large bowl combine greens with cucumbers, tomatoes, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat and season to taste with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.
- Remove salmon filets from marinade, pat dry and place to side.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, add 3 tbsp olive oil and heat gently until oil coats the pan and shows water-like movement across pan. *see grilled variation below
- Place salmon filets skin side down in the pan, allowing them to cook for 3-4 minutes (until brown), carefully flip, basting each filet with 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar Ginger Glaze Saucey Sauce. Continue to cook on second side for 2-3 minutes, allowing glaze to lightly caramelize.
- Equally divide salad amongst four dinner plates. Carefully place one salmon filet per plate, topping each with 1 tbsp of glaze (optional). Garnish with fresh lemon.
*Grilled Salmon Variation
- Follow steps 1-3 shown above in stovetop salmon variation.
- Set a large cast iron skillet on grill, set to high and heat to approximately 600° F.
- Once hot, pour 2 tbsp grapeseed oil onto pan. Grapeseed has a higher smokepoint and is easier to work with in a skillet/grill scenario.
- Using tongs, gently place salmon skin side down onto skillet. Shut lid and cook for 2 minutes. Salmon should release easily with metal spatula, flip and baste with 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar Ginger Glaze and cook for 2 more minutes, allowing the glaze to caramelize.
- Remove grilled salmon filets from skillet and let rest for a minute.
- Equally divide salad amongst four dinner plates. Carefully place one grilled salmon filet per plate, topping each with 1 tbsp of glaze (optional). Garnish with fresh lemon.
gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free