Speculoos S’mores Recipe
Today I bring you a fast and easy recipe for Speculoos S’mores, adding some fun and flavorful ingredients that brings a fresh take to this classic American summer treat. Summer smells of campfires, honeysuckle, sunscreen, lemonade, watermelon, burgers, and hotdogs on the BBQ.
When you either live in the city or aren’t on vacation, you just might crave the experience of certain delicious, sensory memories and want to bring them to life – in your own space at home.
Speculoos is a spiced Belgian cookie with cinnamon and a solid crunch. It is also perfect for dipping and scooping chocolate and marshmallows.
For this recipe, I was inspired by the beautiful 222 Fifth dessert plate and mug in the Alicia pattern to bring a bit of the outdoors with these gorgeous flowers inside. After all, enjoying food is as much about the taste as the experience.
To do this at home, you’ll need a cast-iron pan. They are amazing to cook with and come highly recommended by everyones’ grandmas because they heat quickly and evenly. From the adorable minis to a standard size pan, you have options to fit the quantity that you use. I made enough to share, but you can modify the quantity with ease.
You don’t even have to go anywhere to enjoy this summer experience – you can easily make this at home for family and friends, so gather around and share your favorite memories of summer!
- Speculoos Cookies
- One bar of your favorite high-quality chocolate – pick something different with new flavors and try it!
- One pound of semi sweet chocolate chips
- One bag of large marshmallows
- Ground cinnamon, a light dusting
optional: cinnamon stick and milk of your choice – To complement the sweetness of this dessert, I chose local maker, Nectar & Green, for almond milk naturally infused with sea-salt and honey. Made fresh in small batches, this pure-pressed almond milk is local to me in Boston, MA.
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Layer chocolate chips, then chocolate bar (broken into squares), marshmallows, and dust with cinnamon.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Every oven differs, so I recommend checking for the golden brown color of the toasted marshmallow exterior and to see that the marshmallows expanded.
- While baking, pour yourself a glass of the milk of your choosing to wash down the delicious treat!
- Serve immediately, using speculoos cookies to scoop out of the pan. Be careful, pan will be very hot.
Special Equipment Required:
cast iron pan
For more on the benefits of pure-pressed almond milk and to view photos of the process or comments on the flavors in this s’mores recipe, visit my post on Where the BlueBoots Go.